Welcome... Opening hours and activities.
The Astronomy Observatory at Saint-Barthélemy (Nus) offers pre-booked day or night time guided visits every day of the year (apart from mondays). For bookings telephone 0165 770050.
Visiting times are the following:
From 1st April to 30th September
- Daytime visits from 16.30
- Night time visits from 21.30
From 1st October to 31st March
- Daytime visits from15.00
- Night time visits from 21.00
• 5th January – Christmas conference
• 3rd March– eclipse of the Moon
• 20 th / 21 st April – “Astrophotography” Course
Theoretical/practical course for an overall introduction the techniques of imaging and digital elaborations.
• April / May – Advanced astronomy course
5 theoretical/practical lessons aimed to examine closely the themes studied during the basic course.
• 9 th /10 th June - Archeo-astronomy Course
• 23 rd / 27 th July - Astronomy Summer School (4 th edition)
Saint-Barthélemy – course on practical astronomy for teachers in one of Europe 's best-equipped observatories. One week, after school hours, for teachers, a professional refresher and general star gazing training course.
• 12 th August - "Etoiles et Musique"
Traditional date with the Perseids for an evening observation organised for the public. A glass of wine will toast the Saint-Barthélemy Observatory's third birthday.
• 7 th / 9 th September – Star Party
16th edition of Italy 's longest running STAR PARTY, organised with UAI.
• 25 th September / 20 th November – Astronomy course
Course at the OAVDA . 10 theoretical/practical lessons for an overall introduction to Astronomy. Lessons on Tuesdays.
• 6 th October – Sputnik: 50 th anniversary of the first space mission (4 th October 1957)
Commemoration of the event.
• 16 th /17 th / 18 th November - “Astrophotography” Course
Theoretical/practical course for an overall introduction to the techniques of imaging and digital elaborations.
• 4 th January 2008 Christmas conference
Since 2006, the Observatory is home to excellent scientific research thanks to a formal partnership with the National Institute of Astrophysi cs (INAF) and particularly with the INAF Turin Observatory. The projects started in 2006 will continue for the next few years. They concern a study of the solar corona, a study of asteroids and a photometry study of “blazar”.
TEACHING ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS FOR THE GENERAL PUBLIC
The Observatory is designed to offer (with reservation only) instructional tours for students of all backgrounds and levels, guided tours for general public, as well as daytime and night-time observations every day of the year except Mondays.
CONFERENCES FOR EVERY SEASON ON THE YEAR
As for 2006, even for 2007 there will be conferences organized in partnership with the Education and Culture Department of the local Government .
COLLABORATION WITH THE « FORTE DI BARD » ASSOCIATION
During the first part of the year the Observatory will carry on its collaboration with the « Forte di Bard » Association for the preparation of the exhibition named « In Cima alle Stelle » (on top of the stars).2006 Activities
|:: home :: mail . firstname.lastname@example.org|